Pulled Pork Tortillas With Radish, Rocket, Minty Yoghurt + Feta Cheese.
Makes around 12–16 tortillas
For the pulled pork:
2 tbsp olive oil
1kg / 2lb 3oz pork shoulder
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 large red onion, sliced
2 tbsp sweet paprika
2 tbsp ground cumin
juice of 2 oranges (about 3/4 cup)
1 1/4 cups water
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp salt flakes
- 12–16 fresh tortillas
- 5 or 6 thinly sliced radishes
- 3–4 cups rocket leaves
- 1 batch minty yoghurt
- 1 block of feta cheese
- smoked paprika or chilli sauce to serve, optional
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F / Gas Mark 3.
- Heat an oven-proof baking dish (with a lid) on the stove top over a medium heat.
- Once the dish is hot, add the olive oil and the pork shoulder, and cook the pork on each side for 5 minutes, until the meat is golden brown and sealed.
- Add the onion slices, garlic and the paprika and cumin to the dish, and fry for 3–4 minutes or until the spices are fragrant and toasted.
- Add in the orange juice and water. Give it a little stir.
- Drizzle the top of the meat with honey and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in the oven, with the lid on, for 3 hours, turning the meat once after an hour or so.
- Shred the meat with two forks, stirring in the dark juices that have formed in the pan.
- Serve hot or warm, wrapped in fresh tortillas with sliced radishes, rocket, minty yoghurt, a sprinkling of feta cheese and a dusting of smoked paprika or some chilli sauce.
For the yoghurt:
Makes around 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup loosely packed mint
- In a small bowl, mix together the yoghurt, vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the mint and stir into the yoghurt.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.
This story is from Issue 9. Hungry for more? You can order back issues from our Shop here.