We’ve Got Vitamin C and D Covered
6 October 2015
You may have noticed from some of my blog posts we have endured a super long winter, the longest in 25 years. Winter got so hard, I seriously considered getting hold of a dawn simulator lamp to help me just get up in the morning.
However, it wasn’t until the sun returned, I truly understood how important that guy is to my wellbeing. I breathe deeper, smile more and get stuff done. I notice it in others too, people stop and talk to each other, strangers share smiles and it creates an energy where everything seems possible again.
The best bit is watching the girls run around outside. Overhearing their made up games, watching them run around like idiots and being asked to sample their super elaborate mud pies.
On the weekend I made my first batch of lemonade for the season. There’s no stopping me now!
LEMONADE WITH A SMIDGE OF ROSEWATER
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- heaps loads of ice
- 2–3 cups sparkling water
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Put lemon juice, sugar and water in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Take syrup off the heat and let cool completely.
- Fill a jug with heaps of ice, pour in rosewater and put some mint in too.
- Pour in cooled lemon syrup and top up with sparkling water.
- Drink and smile.
Sunny days you are the greatest. x