Zucchini Bread, Make a Tonne
5 March 2015
If you have a mountain of zucchini staring at you, like I do, then this is an awesome and super easy way to use them up. And because this recipe is so simple, you can double it, triple it or even quadruple it and fill your freezer with zucchini bread, for those less than inspired days. And let’s face it, once daylight savings clocks off, those days come thick and fast.
I do love the summer glut of zucchini, my favourite thing is hearing kids, other than mine, saying “NO MUM, PLEASE NOT ZUCCHINI AGAIN!” or “I KNOW THERE IS ZUCCHINI IN THIS!”. It’s great to know I am not alone in the mission to disguise those green beauties within every meal consumed throughout February and March.
Be warned, your house will smell irresistible while this is baking and I can not be held responsible for your lack restraint in devouring loaves of warm zucchini bread.
What You Need
- 1 1/2 cups of self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
What You Need to Do
- Pop your oven on to 165˚C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Sift together the flour, salt and cinnamon.
- Cream the egg, oil, vanilla and sugar together.
- Mix in the flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in the grated zucchini.
- Pop in the batter in your prepared loaf tin and then in to the oven for about 60 minutes. I always check 10 minutes before, you never know what your oven is thinking.