The only problem with this recipe is you will want to eat the entire thing in one sitting. With that in mind, maybe double it.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 80g / 2.75oz ethical dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- salt, to taste
- Pop almonds in a food processor and whiz together. Scrape almonds down from the sides of the bowl every now and then. The almond butter is ready once the oils have been released from the nuts and it appears creamy. This should take at least 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a little saucepan. Take off the heat when there are still little bits of chocolate left. Stir to melt the rest.
- Pour the chocolate mix with the nut butter and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and mix again.
- Put in a jar and store in the fridge. The butter becomes hard in the fridge, so let it sit out at room temperature to soften before using.