Chocnana Pops Are Good For You!
26 February 2016
We are currently in peak “mum can we have an icy pole” after school season. And since the girls and I have decided to cut refined sugar from our lives, the only icy pole we can eat from the store is four dollars a pop.
$4 x2 x 5 = $40 a week / $173 a month / $2080 a year
On icy poles.
That’s bloody ridiculous.
We have an icy pole mould at home and we talk about using it to make our own quite a lot. A lot more than we actually do, which is never.
I saw that my friend Jade makes these awesome banana pops. There’s no real work in putting them together and they’re super good for you! She makes her own chocolate topping, which you can see here. But I opt for buying some good ethical, refined sugar free chocolate instead. You can do either!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 bananas
- 8 icy pole sticks
- 1 packet of good quality ethical dark chocolate
- your choice of sprinkles (coconut, crushed peanuts, almonds, bee pollen, dried berries)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Peel and chop your bananas in half.
- Pop an icy pole stick in the cut end of the banana.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and lay your nude banana pops on top.
- Put them in the freezer for about an hour.
- Melt the chocolate, then take your bananas out of the freezer.
- Dunk the top 3/4 of your banana into the chocolate then roll in your choice of sprinkles.
- Lay the banana flat on the baking paper and once you’ve finished all the bananas, pop them back in the freezer for a couple of hours.