WHAT YOU NEED
- Pine cone, open
- Butter knife
- Jar of peanut butter (no palm oil)
- Pie tin or shallow bowl
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Pour birdseed into your pie tin or bowl and put aside.
- With your knife, spread the peanut butter two-thirds of the way up the pine cone. Make sure you get it in all the openings and make a nice thick layer for the birdseed to stick to. Leave a little bit of the pine cone sticking out the top—it looks nice.
- Roll the pine cone in the prepared birdseed. You can press some onto the pine cone with your hands to make sure you get a good coating.
- Tie the string to the top of the pine cone and ﬁnd a branch in the garden, or a spot on your verandah or balcony, to tie the feeder to. Make sure it’s nice and high so no other animals, or kids, can get to it.
This story is from a back issue. Does your Lunch Lady collection need completing? You can order back issues from our Shop here.